One of our favorite beauty products that we can’t do without, is in everyone’s make up drawer. This beauty fav is incredibly versatile and I have seen it is being used incorrectly in many videos out there. What is this magic product?…Concealer.
Concealer is a great product that I use 5 different ways. All you need is the right color, consistency and with these beauty tips you’ll have a winning look no matter your age.
Concealer For Dark Circles:
This is where I am seeing so many folks missing the mark and using concealer incorrectly. If you are dabbing concealer on your finger and smearing it under your eye with one swipe, then you are using too much, wasting your beauty product and giving yourself the anti-raccoon look.
The anti-raccoon, we have all seen it, white half moons standing out, under everybody’s eyes. In an attempt to draw attention away from our dark circles, we have highlighted the area, making it look puffy. Also, if we are in the 40+ age, we also highlighted our wrinkles, yuck!
Worry no more, The Age of Beauty has got you covered. Here is today’s beauty tip…. Less is More! When applying concealer under the eye, just follow these simple steps and the dark circles will disappear.
- First use your favorite eye cream to moisturize your eye area. If you plan to wear foundation also apply an all over face moisturizer. As they are absorbed prepare your concealer.
- Your concealer should be a shade lighter than your skin and your foundation and opaque. Mix a small amount on the back of your clean hand with equal parts eye cream. Use a small brush to mix the eye cream and concealer together.
- If you are going to wear a foundation make sure it is very light weight. A cushion foundation works well. If it is not a lightweight foundation, then mix a small amount with some eye cream on the back of your clean hand as in step 2.
- Apply the lightweight foundation with a sponge under your eye area. Use a very small amount. Blend it into the rest of your foundation that you apply all over your face.
- Now you either have a clean face that is moisturized, or a face that has foundation all over including below your eye. We have done this to create a color base. Now take the thinned out concealer on the back of your hand, with a thin brush and place a very small amount wherever you see a dark shadow under your eye. Let the concealer set for a few moments.
- Clean off your brush with a tissue. Gently blend and blur the concealer with a quick back and forth fluttering motion.
- Admire your beautiful eyes.
What you have just done is to trick the eye of the observer. By using a concealer a shade lighter than your skin or foundation and applying it on top, you have put light on top of dark. This makes the light color jump forward. So the dark circles that looked concave are no longer visible.
Concealer As Eyeshadow Primer
Our favorite concealer that you have mixed with eye cream can double as an eyeshadow primer. Simply work a very small amount, with your concealer brush onto the lid of your eye. Work the product from lash line to brow. Let it set and you have removed any lid discoloration and now have a base to hold your eyeshadow all day.
Concealer As Highlighter
Take the concealer you have mixed and apply a small amount up the bridge of your nose, at the center of your forehead, at the cupid’s bow of your lip. Clean the brush of excess product with a tissue and go back and blend. Remember, wherever you apply the lighter shade of concealer, will pop forward, drawing the eye to the lighter shade.
Concealer As Lip Primer
If you want your lipstick to show it’s true color and not change when it mixes with your natural lip shade use this little trick. Moisturize your lips and then use the blended concealer and eye cream mixture with your lip brush to apply a light coat of concealer to your lips. Blot with a tissue. Now apply your favorite lip color. Not only will you have the true lipstick color showing on your pretty lips, it will last longer with this DIY lip primer.
Concealer as Concealer
Apply your concealer mix to any age spot or blemish with the flat side of your brush. Let the product set and then blur the edges with the same feathering motion. Remember to clean the brush of excess product before you blur. The concealer should be applied on top of the foundation or on clean skin.
So there you have it, five ways to use concealer, plus all the tips to correctly apply this versatile beauty product.
Sparkle ❇️ on my pretties! ❤️💋 your friendly Makeup Maven,
PS…Please leave a comment below with the name of your favorite concealer. Here are three brands that Summer and Ellen recommend.